- ENERGY MARKET SOLUTIONS
- Energy Procurement
- Energy Aggregation
- Commodity Risk Management
- Data Management and Reporting
- Market Intelligence
- Invoice Auditing
- Local Law Compliance
- Innovation and Technology
Energy Market Solutions
The competitive energy market is designed to promote cost and consumption efficiency. However, a dynamic market also brings complexity – with a myriad of commodity suppliers, efficiency initiatives, energy products, new technologies, laws and regulations – all of which can significantly impact your organization’s bottom line.
High-consumption facilities, in particular, find that Resolution Energy Group has the expertise and solutions to help navigate the energy marketplace, maximize cost savings and provide that competitive edge.
The surest way to obtain the most competitive energy rates is to partner with a full-service energy procurement consultant – one that understands market dynamics and the complexities of strategic sourcing.
Resolution Energy Group handles the competitive bidding process for some of the largest public and private energy consumers in the New York metropolitan area. We consistently obtain the most competitive electricity, natural gas and fuel prices for our clients – thereby lowering their energy costs. We accomplish that through methodical planning and strategic sourcing, and by leveraging our purchasing power.
REG simplifies and streamlines the purchasing process – providing a clear and decisive blueprint for the most cost-effective energy supply solutions
We follow a comprehensive energy procurement process:
- Assessing energy consumption and expenditures
- Evaluate the energy markets – trends, forecasts and opportunities
- Conduct total cost analyses
- Determine the most viable solutions
- Identify suitable suppliers
- Develop a sourcing strategy
- Issue a targeted RFP
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Implement a new supply structure
- Track results and restart assessments, for further cost efficiency
Energy aggregation is a powerful procurement strategy that combines energy loads from multiple consumers to create economies of scale – resulting in more competitive energy prices than each could obtain independently.
But successful aggregation involves more than bulk purchasing. Individual load factors play a vital role in determining aggregate pricing. If not paired correctly, the combination can be counterproductive – resulting in higher prices for some. Resolution Energy Group’s proprietary process strategically combines energy loads to ensure the lowest prices for all participants.
REG is a fully licensed, bonded and insured Private Energy Aggregator specializing in corporate, government and community aggregation.
Community Choice Aggregation
Municipalities can now actively participate in the competitive procurement process by aggregating the energy supply of their residents and local businesses. Community Choice Aggregation increases local buying power and lowers energy supply costs for cities, towns and villages.
As your municipality’s CCA administrator, REG can assist in the development and implementation of a successful Community Choice Aggregation program.
Commodity Risk Management
Procuring and managing energy is not only about today’s commodity markets. It’s also about managing future risk – as market volatility can be problematic for operating budgets.
A successful commodity risk strategy relies on dedicated professionals who understand the impact of market volatility on a company’s financial and operational goals.
Resolution Energy Group works closely with its clients’ stakeholders to determine appropriate risk tolerance – enabling organizations to more effectively assess and mitigate their risk.
Our strategic approach to risk management includes:
- Conducting a comprehensive energy evaluation and portfolio analysis
- Identifying areas of risk, including facilities more susceptible to market volatility
- Defining business and risk management objectives
- Creating a commodity risk profile
- Developing a formalized risk strategy, to complement your existing techniques
- Setting triggers that prompt cost-effective purchases
- Establishing sustainable energy risk-management programs
- Budget forecasting based on real-time data
- Execute sound hedging decisions
Data Management & Reporting
Managing your organization’s energy usage is the first step toward financial and operational efficiency. Metrics and benchmarks uncover cost-saving opportunities – but collecting, analyzing, and reporting energy-related data is complex and time consuming.
Resolution Energy Group’s proprietary energy dashboard lets you take control of your facilities’ energy consumption, reduce operating costs, accurately forecast expenditures and comply with regulations. That means better-informed decision-making and keener insights into your overall energy picture.
Our advanced business analytics and user-friendly platforms help minimize energy consumption, maximize cost savings and reduce your facilities’ carbon footprint. REG offers:
- A personalized energy dashboard
- Automatic importing, tracking and reporting of energy consumption and cost data
- Contract management and a utility invoice database
- Budget forecasting
- Energy performance benchmarking – automatically linked to the EPA’s Portfolio Manager
- Cost breakdowns and supply rates
- Usage and facility comparisons
- Tracking and measurement of sustainability goals
- Advanced market intelligence – wholesale and retail databases
- Export of custom reports into templates
- Real-time invoice auditing and payment solutions
Accurate, in-depth and timely insight into volatile energy markets – and their impact on your organization – is vital to making good decisions on energy procurement, management and efficiency.
Resolution Energy Group is at the forefront of energy market intelligence. Our professionals are trusted market analysts, traders, and economists. We have access to market information, along with the ability and resources to track, analyze, and act on it in real time.
Your organization benefits from:
- Keen insight into the wholesale and retail energy markets, and how they affect your business objectives
- Real-time notifications on market price changes and trends – when they happen, why they occurred and the impact on your financial goals
- The ability to quickly change your market position – capitalizing on benefits or minimizing risk in response to time-sensitive events
- The latest industry news and developments, including regulatory and legislative changes
- Sustainability innovations and technology, including programs offering financial incentives
Utility bills are complicated and often contain errors resulting in significant overcharges. But comprehensive audits can be time-consuming, labor-intensive and beyond the scope of most accounts payable departments.
Resolution Energy Group offers contingency-based utility auditing for up to six years of invoicing. Our professional auditors include former utility and public service commission employees who catch errors others may overlook.
We identify errors and discrepancies related to:
- Utility tariffs, rates and taxes
- ESCO contract rates
- Capacity charges
- State and local sales tax
- Service rate class
- Meter equipment
- Meter reads
Local Law Compliance
New York City’s Greener, Greater Building Plan (GGBP) is a comprehensive, industry-transforming program that is leading the nation in energy efficiency policy.
Resolution Energy Group helps bring clients into full compliance with GGBP regulations:
Local Law 84 (LL84) requires building owners and managers to track their facilities’ energy and water consumption, and report the data annually using Portfolio Manager, the EPA’s online benchmarking tool.
Local Law 85 (LL85) requires buildings to meet the most current energy code for any renovation or alteration project.
Local Law 87 (LL87) mandates that buildings over 50,000 gross square feet undergo periodic energy audits and retro-commissioning measures.
Local Law 88 (LL88) contains requirements for lighting upgrades and sub-metering to help buildings achieve significant energy savings.
Innovation and Technology
Matching new technologies and advancements to your facilities’ specific energy needs is a specialty of Resolution Energy Group. We have a toolbox full of innovative solutions to enhance operational efficiency, promote sustainability, maximize ROI – and even increase revenue streams. We also provide financing solutions, from private equity and traditional loans to commodity funding and NYSERDA rebates.
REG can help your organization reach the right solutions, tailored to your budget and type of facility, including:
Cogeneration through combined heat and power is the simultaneous production of electricity with the recovery and use of heat. This highly efficient form of energy conversion can achieve primary energy savings of up to 40 percent.
By reducing or shifting your facility’s electricity usage during peak demand periods, you can earn a monetary incentive that creates an additional revenue stream.
REG will help you comply with New York City’s Clean Heat Requirements, which mandate conversion from heavy heating oils to other options such as natural gas, biodiesel or steam.
OK 2 Pay
We can track your organization’s utility invoices in real time, to identify and correct errors before payment is made.
A simple, inexpensive device collects energy information from your facilities and reports it to the REG dashboard – allowing us to monitor your usage and pricing in real time for optimal cost control.
REG provides customized design, installation and financing of solar generation systems.
Equipment upgrades, replacements and conversions – along with efficiency strategies to decrease steam consumption – can reduce annual heating costs from 15 to 35 percent.